Our golf day, held on the 12th July, 2019 was the perfect Winter’s day in Brisbane.
Not only was the weather perfect, the turnout, the way the game was played, the people, and the results were next level!
Before we do the drumroll on the final figure, there are so many people we would like to thank, because without them, the day would not have been in anyway the success that it was.
Paul Crooks started it last year and Justin Street followed on this year in reaching out to his contacts and bringing so many sponsors on board. These kind hearted individuals and companies are the reason we had our best ever result for our annual Charity Golf Day. In supporting us, we ask that you support them. The full list of our sponsors is below.
- Wayne MacDougall of Tip Top
- James Tulloch of Simmonds Lumber Group
- Garry and Jenny McNamara of Let Minnow Cafe
- Oliver Fenelon of James Hardie Australia
- Shane Heit (our number 1 sponsor across all events) from Allmet Engineering
- John Schwabe of Megabeam
- Paul McIntosh of BBC Digital
- Ben Drewett of Pacreo Pty Ltd
- Debbie Payne of Tilling Timber Pty Ltd
- Paul Rutledge of Gunnersen Timbermark
- Justin Street of Trade Builders Supplies
- Graham Cutts of Delf Hardware
- Graeme Buckley of Hume Doors and Timber
- Matt Colley of Wesbeam
- Shane Greene from ITI Australia
Once the golf is over, the fun part is the awards and the raffle. Thank you to our donors who ensured we were able to provide some fantastic prizes to our winners. Like our sponsors, we ask that you support our donors when you can.
- Sealife Mooloolaba
- Nudgee Golf Course
- Let Minnow Cafe
- Vittoria Coffee
- A place to meat – Toombul
- Gordon Cowell Air Conditioning
- John Downs Golf Tours
We are lucky enough to also have those supporters, that although they couldn’t make the day, made substantial donations. Thank you:
And of course, a huge thank you to all of those who played golf and bought raffle tickets, each and every one of you contributed to the succesful day we had and we look forward to seeing you all back on the course next year.
Thanks too, to Peter of Nudgee Golf Club – nothing is too much trouble for you! To Wendy Dunstan for taking the day off work and helping Leigh out (and being good company). To Brian Debert and his Golf Blog for getting more folk on board and for awarding the best dressed with a golf goodies pack made up by your good self. A special shout out to Brett Matheson from Decon who flew up from Melbourne to attend the day and bought an awful lot of tickets (WOW)!
The winners of the Golf day are listed below.
- Overall winners – Brian Debert and Ross Cook (Score 61.75)
- 2nd place – Mark Barnett and Shane Krueger (Score 64.25)
- 3rd place – Brent Crooks and Gregory Street (Score 64.25)
- 4th place – Bob Milne and Glen Wolfenden (Score 64.5)
- Nearest to Pin (3rd hole) – Tas Henry (wins coolest name too)
- Nearest to Pin (14th hole) – Brent Crooks
- Longest drive women – Fiona Kenny
- Longest drive men – Ross Cook
In wrapping up, the author of this note would like to thank our board member Graham McColm for the extraordinary effort he put in to ensuring our day was a success. Macca you nailed it!
And finally – the real winner of the day is the cancer research scientists because our PROFIT for the day came in at….remembering that our 1st golf day we netted $3,432 and last year $9,012……..$9735 making this our most successful golf day yet. We are so incredibly grateful!
To see some photos from the day, click here. Like our Facebook page while there so you can keep updated with our events. Thank you again!
Now what to do? Oh yes, something about a special dinner we are holding in October. To learn more, click here We want this event to be our biggest and most successful fundraiser, ever! Will you join us?